Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Dress Me Up!

I love getting dressed up. Seriously, give me and occasion and I am so ready to primp. This is interesting because on any given day I could be found wearing sweatpants and an over sized sweater, fuzzy socks, and my hair pulled back into a low ponytail.

The flower arrangements from M and W's wedding in 2007
Granted, I don't dress like that in public. I'll at least put on jeans and a sweater that fits if I'm going out.


Anyway, I've mentioned that B is getting married in July, so there's my next real occasion to get all dolled up. Yes, I have a few adventures and parties in between where dresses and make-up and heels are a necessity, but this wedding is my first chance to buy something brand new.

I'm sort of in the wedding party, in that I'm processing but not technically a bridesmaid (Yeah, I'm not sure either). They are doing a weird thing where she's not picking out our dresses, but instead her family is wearing magenta and his is wearing blue.

With color being the only limiting factor from her, I have a ton of options, and I don't know where to begin. My mother keeps sending me dresses, that she swears are perfect for me, but I want something different. I have a type when it comes to my dresses - scoop neck or strapless, tiny waist with a ribbon, skater style skirt that twirls, stops just at or above the knee.

I don't want to venture too far from this typical norm that I have, but I want a little adventure. I have put together four outfits for inspiration. Luckily, I still have some time, but for now these all look totally perfect - I just have to decide what direction to take this look in.

Clean and Classic

Super Girly

Gilded Vintage

Summer Days







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...