Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Beginnings of Things

It's always easier for me to write when I'm stressed out, or tired, or if something is bothering me.

Empty playing field before the game starts
So talking about new relationships ends up being pretty tough for me, if for no other reason than that I'm happy. So instead of telling you how this started or how I'm optimistic and really trying to do things right this time, I'll just tell you about the baseball game we went to.



It was the season opener for the Red Wings up in Rochester. He grew up in the area and was raised on going to their games a few times a year. In a similar way, I was raised going to Yankee games as a child that I didn't really enjoy, with the exception of eating ice cream out of a tiny baseball helmet.

Totally reliving my childhood right now!
The game was only okay on it's own, but the company was worth sitting in the chilly Rochester air (and even somehow getting sun burnt!) for four hours. It was the team's first game at home, however, and new things take a little bit of time to adjust to.

Swing batta batta batta
Maybe right now they are having trouble, but after a few weeks they'll start to figure each other out. I guess relationships are like that too. At first everything is new and different. It's exciting, and you're not really sure what to expect. It could be a series of fouls balls - or you could hit one out of the park.

Okay, so he's kind of a total goof ball.
It takes time to really understand how to make the team work effectively together. And it takes time to get to know someone when you just start seeing them. But isn't that one of the greatest things in the entire world - learning everything there is to know about someone one little surprise at a time?

I'm excited to see where things go, more so with this boy than with the Rochester baseball season. Hopefully he'll keep making it hard for me to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...