Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Five Things [03/22/13]

Time for Friday Five Things! Here's what's been on my mind this week, or just today. Just little things that either I don't have enough to say for a full post, or perhaps will inspire a longer post later.

Snow on the ground, still!
1. Well, it's technically spring. However, the weather would not let you believe it for a second. Wednesday it was snowing. Thursday was a gorgeous high of 29, and today it's forecasted to be snow showers again. Hopefully the predictions are right, and it starts to get a little warmer over the weekend. We need some sunshine and outdoorsy weather up here!




2. I'm in love with my resume design, and I always get plenty of compliments on it. Yet, I still can't seem to get a job. My school's career fair was sort of a bust. They are looking to hire programmers and engineers. If you have any other major, it's almost a waste of time. Oh well. I found one social media job that I'll apply to. Otherwise, back to the job search and app grind.

3. I've been going to the bar a lot lately, whether to hang out with my friends that are graduating soon, or just to grab a beer and watch the Devils games (or the Canucks, since my college has a couple alums on that team). Since I've been trying new beers, I've decided to put Untappd on my phone and check it out. Want to know what I'm drinking? Follow me! A_ohkait, of course.

But can I log when I get it served in a Sigma Chi Sweetheart Ball glass?
4. I've been craving salads and fresh vegetables lately. Winter just doesn't get me the necessary produce that my body needs to function. It's probably why I've been getting sick and feeling like I need more sleep. I can't wait until it's warm enough to go to the farmer's market again, so I can make some yummy salads and stir-fry.

5. I love coffee, and lately I've been experimenting with adding a few spices to my grounds before brewing them! Today, since I'm drinking eggnog flavored coffee (had a can leftover from the holiday season), I threw in a dash of cinnamon and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice, which has nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. It's pretty delicious. I want to try adding chili powder. Does that sound awful or fantastic?

Adds a dash of color as well as the taste!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...