Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo

I've always wanted to try writing a novel.



I've got documents numbering in the mid-twenties to thirties that I've started and never finished. I tend to be the the type of person who does that - starts projects with no intention of ever completing them. It's a fear of endings, I supposed.

But I still want to write a novel.

I have one that I really like the premise of that I've started. I have a couple second choice pieces, a few vignettes, that I may be able to work into either a novel or collection of short stories one day. I have millions of ideas and characters and towns and stories spinning in my head, but no words to write them down.



I decided that for the month of July, I'm going to try Camp NaNoWriMo. If you've never heard of National Novel Writing Month, it occurs every November. Usually, that's a crazy month for me. Throughout college it was the end of the quarter, which meant finals, followed by an annual family vacation to Disney World. Not really time to write novel.



Camp NaNo gives me the chance to try to write in a month that (might) be a little less crazy. June would've been better guys, but it's cool. I know my July seems crazy, but if you think about it, I'll be on an airplane for some hours with nothing to do, and writing might be the perfect way to pass that time.



Here's my Camp NaNo profile. If you're a writer, try it out sometime! The worst that happens is you don't reach your word goal, but at least you've tried. If you're not, read my story and maybe you'll learn a little something about me or at least some entertainment for a bit.

I'm pretty excited for this project! Maybe I'll even finish something this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...