Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Delicious Turkey Burger Recipe

The Boy and I like to cook dinner a lot. When we first started dating (wow, I can say that now that it's been almost three months) we went out to eat all the time, but it was just too hard on the wallet.



I like to experiment in the kitchen, and he makes a pretty fantastic sous chef. This is good because I'm not really a fan of the tediousness of chopping and dicing and julienning vegetables. He's also a pretty good cook, although we have different methods.


I'm more of a "let's see how this goes" cook. I'll throw things together, adding spices and ingredients without bothering to measure. I make no promises that what I make will be good, but since I generally cook to taste, it usually is.



He's got family recipes and makes them by the book. They are delicious and consistent, but I can't do that (unless I'm baking, which is a much more precise process). Somehow, we make a good team though.

So one night we made these turkey burgers. I can't eat beef (makes me sick) but sometimes I want a burger too! Of course, since I don't measure anything, this is just a close estimate as to what we made, but try it out, make changes to suit your needs and let me know how it goes.



Turkey Burgers (each half pound of turkey makes two 1/4 lb burgers)

Actual Burgers
1/2 Lb ground turkey, 94% lean
1 Egg
2 dash Worcestershire sauce
Dashes of black pepper, white pepper, and garlic powder

Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. This gets pretty messy, but we just used our hands! Make sure you wash your hands really well before and after!

Split into patties and throw on a medium-hot frying pan with a little bit of oil or nonstick spray. Cook on one side until brown and then flip. Cut open and make sure it's cooked through, because undercooked poultry can be dangerous.

Accouterments
1 Onion, sliced into thin quarter rings
1 Tbs vegetable oil
2 Slices pepper jack cheese
1 Tbs ketchup
1/2 Tbs Worcestshire sauce
4 slices Bacon
2 Seasoned buns, toasted

On a back burner, coat the onions in oil and stir every once in awhile over medium heat. When they start to get a little brown, turn the heat down and cover. Every couple of minutes, add enough cold water to cover the onions and stir. These will be done with they are dark brown and caramelized.

Throw the bacon in the oven. Crinkle up a piece of aluminum foil and then open it back up. Use it to line the pan. Bake at 450 for about 20 minutes or longer is you want crispier bacon. The foil, catches the extra grease and makes for easy clean-up.

Mix the ketchup and Worcestershire and spread on one side of each bun. Put a piece of cheese on top of it. Break one slice of bacon and cross the over the cheese. On the other bun, do the same with another slice of bacon. Scoop the onions on top once cooked. Put your patty on and enjoy! Serve with fries and a couple pickle slices.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...