Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Genesee Country Village

I love historical buildings and home design.



To be fair, I also love modern home design so I think I might just be into interior decorating. Anyway, we went to this cute little village in upstate New York that has restored old homes from the Civil War to the turn of the century called Genesee Country Village.



The cool thing about this place is that it's a working village. They have actual bakers, brewers, and blacksmiths crafting and creating all day long.



They also have an animal farm, and use the sheep to make wool and spin cloth. It's pretty cool to see how people might have lived in the days before electricity and Facebook.



My favorite part is the houses, though. Gorgeous restored architecture and interiors. I love it. Here's some of my favorites:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...