Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Butterflies

Before I left New York, one of the places on my "Rochester Bucket List" was the Strong Museum of Play.


I had been there once before, but it was closing and so I didn't have time to see everything. So this time, The Boy and I made sure that we had plenty of time to see the whole museum, especially the butterflies.



Now, you all already know about a few of my nature obsessions - and bugs are not really one of them, but I loved seeing the butterflies. I tried not to be jumpy as they flitted by, and luckily none tried to land on me, because I probably would have panicked.



There were hundreds of these little fluttery creatures in the little greenhouse they had, and they were stunning. Everywhere you looked you could see so many of them. They even had guides identifying the different types and many of the flowers. It was so much fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...