Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

My Blog Goals

 

I hate writing down goals. I know, I know, you're supposed to, and make them something measurable and all that. But I've never been able to do that. I don't like tangible goals, because then you can fail so easily. I'm the type of person that once I start failing on a goal, it's a slippery downward spiral.

For example, I don't diet (because I honestly can't be bothered, and I think I live a moderately healthy lifestyle already) because if I did, one cheat day would turn into all the cheat days. And after a week that diet would be a goner.

But despite myself, I've decided to write down my blog goals, and maybe try to actually achieve them. Baby steps. These goals aren't perfect. They don't have numbers and percentage increases. But they do exist now somewhere other than my mind, and that means you can hold me accountable. You can say, "Hey, Kait, have you worked on achieving X goal lately?" and I can shrink down and avoid eye contact. Or (big hopefully here) I can smile and say "Yep, I've totally been doing A, B, and C this past week!"

Without further ado, here they are:


1. Organize my blogging schedule better

Why: Other than to appease my obsessive compulsion, it might make me a little more accountable to post on time. Also, scheduling will make it easier to post time-sensitive material.

How:
  • Project management software
  • Redefine my blog post workflow
  • Stop leaving half finished drafts around!

2. Connect with other bloggers to build a community

Why: A lot of people I know in real life just don't "get" blogging. It's nice to have a group of people to bounce ideas off and lean on when I need support for things like writer's block.

How:
  • #Twitterchats!
  • Be more active in SoFab and 20sb, my blogging networks
  • Promoting real discussions by commenting instead of liking things

3. Promote my blog better

Why: I don't just write for my own health, although that is a big reason. I also want my words out there, and I want acknowledgement that what I do and say could actually be important.

How:
  • Be more active with promotions on social media
  • Learn about SEO techniques and utilize them
  • Discover new social networks and figure out how to use them properly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...