Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fantasy Gymnastics Recap Week 7: Over the Hill?

Thanks for the image, Julochka!
Well, my team broke 198 for the second week in a row, but it wasn't quite the showing that they had last week. I had to count at least one score in the 9.825-9.875 range on each event. However, those were balanced out by a few of my stars. Am I a little worried that my team has reached its peak, and that we've scored the dropped high score already? Yeah, but I've moved up into first place in my division and 11th overall. So, for now I think I'm in a good place.

Week 7 Superstars

Georgia Dabritz (Utah) got another 10.0 on Bars. I love her bar routine, especially that Comaneci, but I'm surprised she hasn't pulled out any of those huge scores on Floor. Have we seen a 10 on Floor yet this season from anyone? Cami Drouin-Allaire (GWU) got a 9.95 on Vault, which is exactly what I picked her up to do. Lauren Beers (Alabama) pulled out a great All-Around with two 9.95's (Bars/Floor) and a 9 on Vault.



Beam Problems

Balance Beam was my back to being my weakest event this week after rising up last week. I got only 49.375 after two of my regulars didn't compete the event - Dabritz and Jennie Laeng (Nebraska). It might be time to shake things around in that line-up a little bit. I didn't put in Lindsay Offutt (Pittsburgh) and she earned a 9.85. I also have a little wiggle room in trades, since I haven't put Taylor Bolender (CMU) in a line-up in a couple weeks.


Around the League

RQS started this week, but it didn't shake things up too much in the top of the team rankings. Oklahoma looks like they'll be tough to topple this year. LSU and Florida are still fighting for that number two spot. But oh man, did you see Oklahoma almost get upset by Michigan? That would have been crazy. And of course the biggest NCAA news this week is Kyla Ross's commitment to UCLA. I would have loved to see her at Stanford, but she'll do great with Miss Val's famous choreography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...