Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Crafting & Gifting

I like arts and crafts. Well, not art really, just crafts. I love crafting. I wish it were a less expensive hobby, so that I could collection supplies from craft stores and make new things all the time.



With no sustainable income, it's tough to justify purchases at my local JoAnn's, though.


So when I'm presented with an opportunity, you know I'm going to go crazy.

Last spring, I wanted to do something special for this group of guys I started hanging out with. They are all in a Fraternity together, and hanging out with them was probably the best time of college. I met most of them through K, who is one of my best friends from college.



Anyway, at the end of the year, I wasn't sure what I was doing after graduation. I didn't know if I'd see any of them again, so I wanted to make them little parting gifts. I saw this tutorial on Pinterest (of course) and I had to try it.

It was a lot of fun. I threw a big picnic dinner party and wrote them all little notes, which I put inside the glasses. Each was unique, but all were made using their Fraternity's official colors: blue and gold. I might have given the ones I thought came out better to the guys I liked more, but you know, it's hard to say, haha.



The dinner was a hit. I made a Mexican inspired salad with romaine lettuce, black beans, avocado, tomato and roasted corn with a homemade tequila lime dressing. Then we had vegetarian enchiladas made with corn, re-fried beans, and cheese and a green tomatillo sauce. For dessert, I made a chili chocolate pudding pie. We drank homemade sangria and Yeungling.

I miss hanging out with the boys as much as I used to, but a lot of them graduated and left town. Those that are still around town I see less because I'm not on campus anymore.



I went to a recruitment event of theirs last week, though, and it was awesome to see them all again. I love all the hugs I get when I show up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...