Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pie

I'm an advocate of pie (as well as pi).



Today, to me, will forever be Pi Day - a day on which we celebrate mathematics and eat delicious baked and filled confections. I know some of the male persuasion would consider today a different holiday, but I'm against that one as much as it's predecessor on February 14.


If we love each other can't we just show it every day? With pie, maybe?

I bake when I'm stressed out. I bake when I'm bored. I bake when I come up with a new combination of flavors that absolutely needs to be put into cake batter and sit in a 350 degree Fahrenheit environment for twenty minutes.



Cupcakes are my most common dessert-y treat, but I'd be lying if I said pie wasn't my favorite to actually eat. All the best desserts can be put into one category - and that is pie. Peanut butter pie, cherry pie, those dessert pizzas from the Pizza Hut lunch buffet, even cheesecake.




These fruit tarts I made (totally a pie, by definition, which I may have made up, which is a crust filled with something) are one of the easiest things I've made in my entire life. We didn't make them for a challenge. We made them as the activity of choice while catching up on our lives between two old friends - one of which happened to own a KitchenAid mixer.



Jealous.

Anyway, fruit tarts are delicious. I ate them for breakfast, lunch, and dessert for the next few days. I didn't feel bad about it. They were fruit!

Make these today, because they are pie. Make them next month because they are happy. I don't care, just make them.

Easiest Fruit Tarts Ever Recipe




Roll out your favorite pie crust recipe and cut into circles. I used a cup to do this, easy peasy. Bake inside a muffin pan as you would normally cook pie crust - usually around 450 for 15 minutes.

Mix together 1 block of cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until fluffy and mixed together. Scoop this filling into the baked shells and top withe all your favorite fruits. I used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and kiwi (because of the color, and because kiwis are actually perfect).



Eat them forever. Because they are amazing. Oh my goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...