Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

I Miss My Guitar

I've never really learned to play the guitar.



However, I kind of love my guitar. I got it when I was 16 for Christmas, and even though I never took lessons, I sort of taught myself a little bit. Recently though, my guitar has been babysat by my sister M, which means I don't get to see it much.




My guitar is named Johnny, for two reasons. First, the song I learned to play first was Let It Be by the Beatles, and so it is sort of a reference to John Lennon. More importantly, I got the instrument not long after an icy bus crash killed the drummer of a band I loved at the time. RIP Bayside drummer John Beatz.



I want to go kidnap it. My sister lives a two hour drive away, and I could use a good road trip as it is. One day I'll convince someone to drive over there so we can get my Johnny back.



Until then, I miss my guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...