Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Kayaking

Once, I canoed for five days down the Delaware river. Another time, I sailed on the Chesapeake bay for four nights with the Girl Scouts. Somehow, though, I'd never tried kayaking, until last week.

My toes in the kayak. See, proof I was in the boat!
During my refuge at the Boy's house, we decided to take advantage of the one day where it wasn't gross and rainy all day by taking his family's kayaks out on a little creek.



I was a little nervous at first. It had been awhile since I'd been in control of any sort of boat, and I had heard stories about kayaks tipping over and the boater getting stuck and sealed inside. Not exactly my idea of a good time. Luckily, these were beginner kayaks and we weren't sealed in, so I had an easier time.

Hi! I'm in the reflection in his sunglasses!
It was a gorgeous day, only dots of clouds in the sky, and it was perfect to be surrounded by nature. We saw swans (and cygnets!) and a heron, and lots of swarms of tiny bugs. I crashed into the reeds a couple times, but mostly kept my boat in the water.

Here are some of the pictures I took:







The Boy took this one, as I didn't want to get too close to the swans.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...