Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Sweet Tea

There are not many things as magical as a cool glass of sweet tea on a hot day.


Seriously between that, my love for mint juleps and sundresses, and my tendency to always wear a ribbon in my hair you'd think I was from the south. Nope, New York, New Jersey, and I've spent some time with my parents in Florida but that was more like an extended vacation.



I made my first pitcher of the summer the other day. I used raspberry and peach teas and plenty of sugar. And when I had the first sip, after letting it chill in the fridge for a couple hours - it was perfect.



The second batch I made, I used four tea bags of Earl Grey and 2 of an orange spice flavored tea. I'm not the biggest fan of orange flavor, but mixed with the powerful Earl Grey, it ended up just being a subtle citrus aroma. I'm not sure what I'll make next, maybe an English Breakfast?



Yep, with my sweet tea in hand, it is definitely summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...