Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Oh Hey, LA!

Can you believe I'd never been to Los Angeles before this summer?


I've been to Anaheim three times now. I've hit up San Francisco quite a few. San Diego? Yep, done that. I've stopped some other places in the west like Washington and Arizona - but somehow never LA.



So we decided to do a bus tour of the city of the stars while we were there, and we hit some of the major sites. And in classic Kait style, I took plenty of pictures so I can tell you all about it! We started at Universal City Walk to grab a bite for dinner. Of course, I had to check out the "Hollywood Legend" Pink's Hot Dogs! I can't eat most hot dogs, but their turkey dog was pretty delicious! Dad got a coleslaw dog and raved about it as well.



It's not a trip to LA without stopping to see the Hollywood hills, right? Well there it is, the Hollywood sign! Pretty cool to see it in person, even though we were kind of far away.


Our next stop was the walk of fame, which had some cool things to see. The El Capitan theater always plays the most recent Disney film, and the soda fountain next door never fails to come up with a creative sundae to match. Check out the tribute to Monsters University!


I liked seeing Grauman's Chinese Theater, because it's the real life Great Movie Ride! Yep, I'm a total Disney nerd, so of course I thought of that. That hand prints out front were pretty neat, and some quite old as well.


The walk of fame itself was cool. I took pictures of the stars of some of my favorite people in show business. So yeah, more Disney folk! I liked that they had stars for fictional characters as well, such as The Muppets, Snow White, Donald Duck, and Tinker Bell.





A final stop was to Rodeo Dr. Now it was night, so all the stores were closed, but that didn't stop me from posing with the street sign. I know, I'm so LA, right? Anyway, we thought it was really interesting because at night, they take all the jewels out of the jewelry stores - just empty cases! I guess even though celebs shop there, it's not the nicest part of town.


So that was my LA Adventure - and I would definitely go back! I would love to see Rodeo Dr. during the day, although I'm sure my credit card would not. Also, we didn't have any celebrity sightings and I've been told I need to check out the observatory. Well, it's always good to have things to look forward to on my next trip out west.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...