Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Five Things: 10/04/13

Welcome back to Friday Five Things, and my first edition brought to you from the great state of Arizona. You already know a lot about me moving across the country, so I'll try not to talk too much about the actual moving process or decorating, since there will be plenty of posts dedicated to those topics.







1. Getting used to the desert is rough. The weather is weird, and they have strange standards. Like today, we were talking about Scottsdale, and a coworker says "They're so stuck-up. I mean they even have grass!" It definitely took me a good couple minutes to realize that spending money on grass was a sign of pretentiousness around here. No offense meant if you're from there, as I have yet to establish any opinions on any place in this state.



2. I've been battling with package delivery services as of late. When i moved in, my apartment complex told me they'd sign for packages which would be left in the office, but that policy quickly changed. Now the delivery drivers won't leave packages at my door either, which means I either need to pick them up myself or wait around under house arrest while I wait for a delivery - not my idea of an awesome Saturday but that's what I'll be doing tomorrow!



3. My new office does a lot of potlucks. We pretty much celebrate for any and every occasion: birthdays, work anniversaries, promotions, holidays, and sometimes just Tuesday. My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, and it'll probably be a busy time at work. Hopefully they'll make some time for my potluck! Even if not, lots of these events means I'll be cooking plenty.

4. I dangerously live a short bus ride (or walk, if it's not ungodly hot out) away from a shopping center that includes both a Trader Joe's and Starbucks. If you haven't guessed, I'll probably spend quite a bit of my time here. I mean, I need produce every week, and I probably need a latte more often than that. So don't be alarmed if I start posts with "So I'm writing this from Starbucks ...."



5. I'm getting used to having my own place, but it's still really weird. There's just a few little things that I notice - like how quiet it is, or that everything is always just how I left it when I come home. I'm not sure if I like it, but I certainly don't want a roommate. Nothing makes you hate someone faster than living with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...